Transperth regularly resurface their busports and other transport hubs. This particular job required us to replace the old cement-modified asphalt with MRWA Intersection mix, which is specifically designed for this type of traffic and usage.
As with many larger commercial jobs in high-traffic areas, in addition to the asphalt resurfacing process, we were also required to:
- Provide traffic and pedestrian management
- Liaise with contractor to cancel traffic sensors in roadway
- Removal of old cement modified asphalt using a profiling machine
- Transport waste material off site
- Reinstate base materials ready for asphalt surface
- Lay new asphalt
- Meet strict timing deadlines to allow buses and passengers to use the area again shortly after completion of asphalt being laid.