Obiligation Free Measure & Quote NK Asphalt

Hambleys IGA and Tavern in Queens Park

Hambley's IGA/Tavern, across the road from Queens Park train station, was a 30 year old asphalt car park that had deteriorated in areas and needed constant pothole repairs.

We completed a free measure and quote and proposed removing two large failed sections and completely resurfaced the whole car park.

We also replaced a damaged soakwell lid, reinstated baseworks and removed sections of failed kerbing.

IGA owner, Alwyn Hambley, contacted us after he concluded that it was time to resurface the car park rather than simply repairing potholes. We completed the job with minimal fuss and on a schedule that suited the business and their customers.

Paul Calnon
Cracked and flooded asphalt car park

The car park before the repairs had a number of potholes and drainage issues as a result

damaged asphalt car park with drainage issues

This photo shows the deteriorated soakwell lid and numerous pothole repairs prior to work commencing

baseworks on a new asphalt car park

Our team worked on the original gravel material in preparation for additional baseworks

soakwell install under asphalt driveway

Our team replaced the soakwell lid as the old one had deteriorated.

fresh roadbase applied to car park

New roadbase was added to the existing base materials. We compacted and waterbound the roadbase to create a surface that ensures water drains to the new soakwell.

Fresh asphalt car park

We completed the car park in two visits (as indicated by the traffic cones), to minimise inconvenience to customers and business owners.

new asphalt car park

The first half of the carpark completed and linemarked with parking available with our asphalt crew working on the second half of the carpark as planned in the background

asphalt car park surfacing before and after

Aerial view before and after of the asphalt car park project.